Hello again, good people! Apologies for the latest hiatus - I’m trying to balance this blog with the rest of my life while also trying to not burn myself out. Thanks for the patience! :) Today we’re going to take a look at not one, but two episodes! And my reasoning is twofold: fistly, I want to somewhat make it up for the delay, and secondly I feel that both of these episodes are rather dull, comparison-wise. So, without further ado, let’s dive right into the first one, “Hol Horse and Boingo - Part 1”!
- Here, Hol Horse’s gun no longer looks like a plastic toy:
- Here, a small area on Dio’s hair is now darker:
- This scene is now brighter and sharper:
- As is this one, on top of being uncensored:
- This scene is, instead, just censored…:
- And from here on I’m afraid the BD version is almost entirely unchanged, so let’s take this opportunity to take a look at what was changed in some (all?) western releases, like we did with Episode #27! As with that episode, all instances of “Oingo Boingo” were erased, along with any written Japanese text on the pages of Thoth itself. Here, have a look:
- Let’s take a break with an actual difference! Here, the picture of Dio’s mansion is different:
- Let’s go back to the Japanese-Western differences:
- This flashback has also been uncensored, and Oingo’s wound looks as superficial as it did in Episode #27:
- Back to the text changes, baby:
Aaaaand that concludes today’s first episode! I hope you had fun, and see you right now for a look at the next episode! Click here to take a look at “Hol Horse and Boingo - Part 2”!
See you very, very soon!