Hello hello, dear readers! Let me start by apologizing: I took a few weeks’ rest after the last comparison. It wasn’t planned, but after episode #26 I felt a little burned out, and I needed a break. Anyhow, that’s done and we’re now back for Episode #27, “Khnum’s Oingo and Thoth’s Boingo”!
- This episode is extremely light on normal differences, so I thought it would be interesting to look at the differences between the BDs and the (censored) Crunchyroll version as well, since for copyright reasons they deleted the title of Boingo’s book and removed all Japanese text. Like here, for example:
- Here, in addition to all the text being present again, the opening credits are no longer there, as this episode now has its separate OP:
- Here, have a barrage of “uncensored” Thoth shots:
- Here, once again, Thoth’s title is back, and there’s a new white dot next to Boingo’s face:
- Let’s get back to the Thoth-only differences:
- Here, in addition to Thoth’s title being back, the general shading is slightly different:
- Begone, Thoth:
- Let’s look at something different, for a change! Here, Oingo’s uncensored:
- Here, the general shading is slightly different and both Polnareff and Joseph’s mouthflaps have been tweaked:
- No Thoths, head empty:
- Let’s quickly move to the credits, for one last difference! Here, Ehab Ahmed Ebeid’s title (Egyptian Arabic Consultant) has been slightly scaled down, and it’s now consistent with the other titles:
And that concludes this long but strangely monotonous comparison! Sorry again for the wait, friends, but these things happen every now and then. Thank you for your understanding! I’ll see you next time for Stardust Crusaders #28, “Anubis - Part 1”!