Hello, friends! How’s it going? I hope you’re staying healthy and socially isolated, fellas, and welcome back to this humble blog! Today we’re finally heading to Egypt with a close look at Episode #25, “Iggy the Fool and Geb’s N’Doul - Part 1”! It’s finally time to move into the second arc, and to meet the BEST Crusader of them all… So, without further ado!
Let’s dive in!
- New arc means new opening! First off, the top of Dio’s hair no longer ends as abruptly, here:
- Let’s take a look at this brighter and sharper punch rush, which also has a couple more effects here and there:
- This second oraora rush is also brighter and sharper, and the sketch-like part in between has also been recoloured and retouched:
- Moving to the actual episode, this Silver Chariot animation has a better contrast and is also sharper:
- And Polnareff’s right earring is now properly behind Iggy’s seat, here:
- The general shading in this scene is different, and this poor man’s gruesome fate has been fully uncensored:
- How delightfully gory! This next bit is also uncensored, but the distance makes it look less horrific:
- The highlight/shading on Avdol’s upper lip have been correctly inverted in some frames, here:
- And here his chin now correctly moves when he talks:
- The Speedwagon man is once again uncensored, in this background:
- These following bits have once again been uncensored, and the general lighting is also looking a little different:
- And that’s it for the main episode! But don’t fret… New arc means new ending, right? So let’s take a look at that! Here, Kakyoin has been moved up…:
- Here, Avdol has been retouched and one bit on Jotaro has been recoloured, next to his left hand:
- Here, Puavaranukroh Taweeporn’s name has been shortened to their surname only, now written in katakana instead (タービーポン), and the rest of the names have been slightly moved around:
- The moon over the obelisk is different, here:
- The shading on Polnareff’s pants is now static instead of flickering to this version every now and then…:
- …the reflections of the bridge, the river banks and the moon have been moved and changed…:
- …and so have Avdol and Iggy’s! In addition, their cast shadows are also different, and the shading on Avdol no longer animates as much:
- Taweeporn is back to タービーポン here…:
- Here, the footsteps have been changed, and the colour/luminosity of the scene are different in general:
- Here, the bottom-left corner of the frame is slightly darker, most of the white specks of dust are now black…:
- And later on, the dust effect is different and… dustier:
And that concludes this first foray into the Egypt Arc, friends! I hope you had a good time, and I’m happy if this took your mind off of the real-life worries for even a couple of minutes. Join me next time for Episode #26, “Iggy the Fool and Geb’s N’Doul - Part 2”, yeah?
See ya then!