Hey hey hey, everybody! I know that you’re all sad and heart-broken now that Diamond is Unbreakable is over. I am too! But I’m grateful for the incredible adaptation David Production has given us, and I’m looking forward to seeing all the rest animated, too! I also hope that my silly comparisons will help you somewhat during the long wait for Vento Aureo. Now, without further ado, let’s dive right into Episode #15, “Let’s Go Hang Out at the Mangaka’s House - Part 2”!
- Let’s begin this (small) comparison with a couple of brighter and sharper shots:
- In this shot, a small part of the lines of this door were a bit off in the TV version:
- Here we have a first for this blog! An eyecatch comparison! Here, the Stand name and the Stand user were swapped in the TV version; the BDs obviously fix that:
- Koichi’s finger books make a return in this episode, too:
- Here we have a very satisfyingly sharper and brighter beatdown sequence:
- In the flashback sequence, Tomoko’s coat changed colour between scenes; this has been corrected in the BDs:
- And with this scene, the BDs have a slight lens distortion on the borders; the car also shakes when it starts moving, and they added Fauxsuke’s jacket on the ground:
- In these two shots here, Rohan’s pen has been recoloured from green to brown:
- And let’s tie this up with a credit difference! For some reason, the script for the TV version of this episode was credited to ヤスカワショウゴ (Yasukawa Shōgo), when it was written instead by 小林靖子 (Kobayashi Yasuko):
And that’s it for Episode #15! This was, maybe, a little underwhelming, but as a solid 9/10 in terms of animation and drawing, Rohan Part 2 really did not need much retouching. This episode also marks the end of BD 5 out of 13! The next BDs should prove more interesting. As a side note, for the next two weeks or so I’ll be on vacation; I don’t know if I’ll be able to post comparisons or not. Maybe I’ll manage to get out one or two, but I’ll be taking some time off!
You all play nice and make sure to spend some days with your family and friends. And don’t forget to have a good time!
Bye, and see you next time!