Hello hello, good people! Welcome back to our weekly-ish appointment wherein we overanalyze episodes of a specific Japanese anime series. In today’s post: Stardust Crusaders #23, “High Priestess - Part 1”! So, what are we waiting for?
Let’s dive right in!
- Today’s first difference is this sequence, in which both the transition and the following frames are now brighter:
- Meanwhile, the colours in this other animation are looking much less washed out:
- Here, Suzy Q’s reflection is no longer wearing a wedding ring (since, ya know, it usually goes on the left hand):
- The following four animations are all brighter…:
- While this one has just a generally better contrast:
- These last two animations have some new white frames in between, to further communicate Silver Chariot’s stabs to the viewer:
- And I’m gonna wave goodbye to you with Joseph’s mechanical hand, now correctly flipped around in this final difference:
And that’s it for today, friends! Nothing too exciting this time around, but that’s in the nature of things - I’ll see you here next time for the conclusion to Stardust Crusaders’ first arc, “High Priestess - Part 2”!