Hello, good people from all around the world! I apologize for the long absence, but I’m temporarily stuck in a reality bubble which is completely devoid of a stable Internet connection. I’ve managed to sneak out of said bubble for just enough time to cobble together a quick comparison… So, without further ado, let’s delve into episode #06 of Stardust Crusaders! I hope you’re ready to see some sliced sharks, some uncensored smoking teenagers and some neat finger tricks!
- Today’s first difference is this bit where Jotaro, Kakyoin and both deckchairs have been retouched in several places. Kakyoin’s also holding the book differently:
- Let’s move on to the main course: shark sashimi! Bone apple teeth!:
- HEY, JOTARO!!! YOU CAN’T DO THAT ON NATIONAL TELEVISION!!!!!!!!:
- The world’s stupidest censoring has been removed here as well, and the overall shading is also a little different:
- This is a christian broadcast, Jotaro:
- This very dynamic scene of Captain Tennille snatching the incriminated object away from that poor teenager’s innocent lips is brighter and sharper:
- Here our Cool Squad is sporting some thicker lines and some retouched details here and there (especially Polnareff, who wasn’t looking so hot in the TV version):
- Ok, this… This I do not understand. Polnareff has been retouched here, and his hand now has… six fingers…? WHY, DAVID?:
- Grandpappy Joseph has received a fresh coat of paint here:
- Another brighter and sharper animation for your bright and sharp eyes only:
- This other explosion, instead, is a little darker:
- Let’s get to the credits, peeps! You and me! Here, the two bottom names on the left have been spaced out a little more evenly:
- And here, the two columns have been incorporated into a single one and the section デジタル動画 (“Digital Video”) has been added in the middle:
And that’s it for today’s comparison! I hope this holiday season has been treating you well, and you and I will see each other again (hopefully) soon, with episode #07, “Strength”, or “Ape Escape”, or “The Year of Intelligent Apes”! Ciao!
P.S.: The Vento Aureo comparisons will start as soon as I can get my hands on the Blu Ray!